- This event has passed.
Start in LA Fall 2019
October 11, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - October 12, 2019 @ 3:30 pm
2019 Theme: Sent to Flourish
This Start in LA conference draws from Fuller Church Planting’s new book, Sent to Flourish: A Guide to Planting and Multiplying Churches, and focuses on three major components of a thriving church planter: biblical foundations for church planting, spiritual formation of a church planter, and Spirit-informed mission for a post-Christian world. The speakers include some of the Sent to Flourish authors as well as Fuller faculty and local church planters.
Speakers, Presenters, and Panelists:
- JR Woodward, co-author of Sent to Flourish, author of Creating a Missional Culture and The Church as Movement, and National Director of the V3 church planting network.
- Carrie Headington, co-author of Sent to Flourish, founder of the Good News Initiative, evangelism scholar, and Canon Evangelist at the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas.
- John Lo, co-author of Sent to Flourish, planter and pastor of Epicentre Church in Pasadena, CA, and evangelist focused on fostering a DNA of multiplication in new churches.
- Tim Morey, co-author of Sent to Flourish, experienced planter and pastor of Life Covenant Church, and church planting coach with networks like the ECC.
- Dwight Radcliff, Director the Pannell Center for African American Church Studies at Fuller Theological Seminary, professor, pastor and planter of The Message Center in Gardena, CA, and published author in the peer-reviewed Journal of Hip-Hop Studies.
- Jude Tiersma-Watson, Associate Professor of Urban Mission at Fuller Theological Seminary, leader of the InnerCHANGE team in Los Angeles, and co-editor of the book God So Loves the City.
- Inés Velásquez-McBryde, church planter with 18 years combined experience in church planting and pastoral staff leadership in multi-ethnic churches, current Fuller student, and advocate for women’s voice and gifting in ministry.
- Charlie Cotherman, co-editor of Sent to Flourish, planter and pastor of Oil City Vineyard in Oil City, PA, and serves on the leadership team at the Project on Rural Ministry at Grove City College.
- Martin Garcia, experienced church planter, pastor, and church planting consultant, and co-director of Ciclica Southern California, a Spanish-language church planting network.
- Len Tang, co-editor of Sent to Flourish, director of the Fuller Church Planting Program, and experienced planter and pastor currently leading Missio Community Church in Pasadena, CA.
- Kevin Doi, founding pastor and planter of Epic Church in Orange County, chaplain at Fuller Theological Seminary, and church leadership advisor at the Asian American Center at Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Sam Dabit, co-planter and lead pastor of Kingdom Reality Los Angeles and bridgebuilder between communities.