Rob speaking at DrupalCon Seattle
April 10 @ 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
On April 10, Rob is co-presenting a session at DrupalCon Seattle called Shout for the Silent: Putting our Privilege to Work for Inclusivity.
It’s not enough for minority members to push for diversity and inclusion. Those of us with more systemic privilege have to stand up for them and stop putting the weight on their shoulders.
In this session, we’ll cover:
- What privilege looks like in the world
- What privilege looks like in Drupal
- Characteristics which distinguish minority groups
- Mindfulness and recognizing our own privilege
- Addressing privilege in others, gently
- How we can bring about real change
You can read the full description here and the video will be made available after the conference.